The Hunt Cabin was built in 1825, in Seneca, South Carolina, by the Hunt family. It is believed to have been originally located where the Big Lots currently stands. In 1915, the cabin was moved to the Botanical Gardens by Clemson's then graduating class. Charles 'Ransom' and Martha Hunt (husband and wife) were the original owners of the cabin, and moved to the Carolinas from Virginia. The Hunt family was well known for their farming, planting crops such as wheat, Indian corn, peas, beans and potatoes, and caring for cattle, sheep and oxen. The Hunt family is also believed to have brought apple trees to the region. The Hunts were also known for being hospitable, and entertaining passing travelers. The original home contained four bedrooms on the first floor and a large front porch. As it currently stands, the Hunt Cabin has one large open room on the first floor, and the front porch is long removed. It also has an upstairs area.