While current students and residents know of the building located at the intersection of Old Greenville Highway and College Avenue as TDs, older generations will recall its historic names and foods.

On July 1, 1988, Tim “Timbo” Holliday and Dewey Browne opened TD’s on 339 College Avenue, Clemson, South Carolina 29631, United States. TD’s is at the forefront of downtown Clemson. Regardless of what the location has been in the past, it has been a favorite hangout for Clemson students for generations. The sign on the front shows a football with “TD’s” written on it going through a goal post on the left half of the sign and “FOOD AND DRINK” on the right half of the sign. Their hours are 11am to 2am everyday but closed on Sunday. TD’s has signature “TD’s Goodnight” pitchers. They sell burgers, sandwiches, wings, salads, fried pickles, mozzarella sticks, and they have daily “Meat & 3” lunch specials. Dewey Browne sold his share to Mike Collins in late 2008 - early 2009 and Timbo passed away January 21, 2022.
In the 1940’s or even earlier, the location was College Café until 1952. In 1952 the location became Dan’s until 1971. Dan’s Restaurant had a fire in the early 1960’s and they remained open while doing repairs and had tables set up on the patio outside the front door. It was called Dan’s Restaurant from 1952 and changed names to Dan’s Sandwich Shop sometime between then and 1971. From 1971 to 1976 it was Tiger Paw Restaurant. They sold chicken box lunches for some time then it became just a dance floor and bar. It lost its license sometime in or around 1976. After this, the location became The Bookstore until the early 1980’s. Next the shortlived Strawberries Restaurant was there until the mid-80’s. Next came Lester’s Burgers & Spirits from 1986 to 1987.



339 College Ave, Clemson, SC 29631