Ever wondered why on your drives to the Clemson Memorial Stadium you pass by a gigantic field of sunflowers? Well, thank the Clemson University Organic Farm! Started in 2001 as a project under the Sustainable Agriculture program, the founding…

The Clemson Experimental Forest is 17,500 acres of Clemson land dedicated to conservation, preservation, and recreation. As America was in the throes of the Great Depression, Dr. George H. Aull, a Clemson College agricultural economist, found that…

Throughout the 19th century, South Carolina had one of the most extensive railroad systems in the world. For example, the Charleston-Hamburg line was the longest railroad in the world at one point; it was 136 miles at its completion in 1833. South…

The Scroll of Honor was thought of back in 2001 by members of the Clemson Corps and by 2002 they had a portable scroll to display at events. In 2005 other members of the Corps decided that the portable scroll was not enough to honor those alumni that…

The ROTC, or reserve officer training corps, trains students to be officers in the United States military. The students go to school like a normal college student, but they have extra responsibilities. Certain days of the week the cadets must wear…

Named after Rupert H. Fike in 1966, it was originally called the Fike Field House. Then in 1971 it was given its current name, Fike Recreation Center. Rupert H. Fike was a Clemson Alumni who graduated in 1908 and then came back to Clemson in 1934 to…

Cooper Library was named after Robert Muldrow Cooper. Cooper served on Clemson’s Board of Trustees starting in 1922 and then in 1951 he became President of the Board of Trustees and had the position until his death in 1966. After his death the board…

Though originally called the Main Building it was renamed in 1946 to Tillman Hall after Benjamin R. Tillman. Tillman was a former South Carolina governor and United States senator. He helped push for different education changes during his time as…

In 1891 the first building on Clemson’s campus finished being constructed. The new Chemistry Building that would eventually be named after Col. Mark B. Hardin in 1954. Col. Hardin served as the first chemistry professor. From there he would serve…

Bowman Field is a pivotal place for each Clemson student and visitor. It’s not uncommon to pass by between classes or when visiting downtown and seeing lounging students or sudden displays. Events like Tigerama and Homecoming at the beginning of each…