Named after Rupert H. Fike in 1966, it was originally called the Fike Field House. Then in 1971 it was given its current name, Fike Recreation Center. Rupert H. Fike was a Clemson Alumni who graduated in 1908 and then came back to Clemson in 1934 to…

Cooper Library was named after Robert Muldrow Cooper. Cooper served on Clemson’s Board of Trustees starting in 1922 and then in 1951 he became President of the Board of Trustees and had the position until his death in 1966. After his death the board…

Though originally called the Main Building it was renamed in 1946 to Tillman Hall after Benjamin R. Tillman. Tillman was a former South Carolina governor and United States senator. He helped push for different education changes during his time as…

In 1891 the first building on Clemson’s campus finished being constructed. The new Chemistry Building that would eventually be named after Col. Mark B. Hardin in 1954. Col. Hardin served as the first chemistry professor. From there he would serve…

Bowman Field is a pivotal place for each Clemson student and visitor. It’s not uncommon to pass by between classes or when visiting downtown and seeing lounging students or sudden displays. Events like Tigerama and Homecoming at the beginning of each…

The Hunt Cabin was built in 1825, in Seneca, South Carolina, by the Hunt family. It is believed to have been originally located where the Big Lots currently stands. In 1915, the cabin was moved to the Botanical Gardens by Clemson's then graduating…

"Mac's offers homemade hamburgers, beer-battered onion rings, milkshakes and sweet tea. The short order-style bar has been open since 1956 and diners from all over keep coming back. "USA Today Travel" named Mac's Drive-In one of the 51 Great Burger…

The significance of football to Clemson University is almost impossible to miss upon stepping onto the campus. The university has great pride over their successes and bond as a body of students and alumni over football, and this is prevalent upon…

Riggs Field as it stands today is the home for Clemson Men’s and Women’s Soccer. It is quite often known as ‘Historic’ Riggs Field, due to its history, but its history is often forgotten in-between other bits of Clemson history. Riggs Field was the…

The Esso Club was originally a gas station built by James A. Stevenson in 1933. It was the first building built on the property, aside from a small fruit stand that used to sit on the side of the road. During the 1930's the road that the Esso Club…