Random Stories

In response to the efforts of the Student League for Black Identity (SLBI) to remove the Confederate flag and the playing of “Dixie” at Clemson University athletic events, a large movement to retain these symbols as what they saw to be an essential…

In 1891 the first building on Clemson’s campus finished being constructed. The new Chemistry Building that would eventually be named after Col. Mark B. Hardin in 1954. Col. Hardin served as the first chemistry professor. From there he would serve…

In 2002, the citizens of Clemson, South Carolina expressed the need to have a historical site dedicated to the accomplishments of local African-Americans. Their call was answered when the City of Clemson est. CAAAM. The Clemson Area African-American…

Though originally called the Main Building it was renamed in 1946 to Tillman Hall after Benjamin R. Tillman. Tillman was a former South Carolina governor and United States senator. He helped push for different education changes during his time as…

On October 27th, 1969 at 10 A.M., Student League for Black Identity (SLBI) President Joseph Grant released to the news media the same letter which he had directed to President Robert C. Edwards regarding the campus walk-out. According to SLBI…

Take a Tour